You have no items in your shopping cart.
A quiet linear motor controls focus while an in-lens stepping motor controls aperture, together they offer smooth and virtually silent lens action, which is ideal for shooting video. Direct Manual Focus is also featured which allows for fine manual focus control and is operable even in autofocus mode. Sony's built-in Optical Image Stabilization system provides approximately 4-stops worth of shake control, making the lens even more functional in low light conditions and great when tracking moving subjects in video.
Improved optics have reduced spherical aberration and provide uniform contrast across the sensor and sharp images even when shooting wide-open at f/1.8 aperture. The circular aperture helps to create smooth and circular bokeh.
- Fixed Focal Length, f/1.8 Lens
- This compact, large-aperture, prime lens has a focal length of 52.5mm in 35mm equivalency and is approximately 1.75" (45mm) long. It is a bright lens with the capability to handle a wide variety of shooting situations from landscapes and street photography to flattering portraits with beautiful background blur.
- Newly designed optics reduce spherical aberration, delivering detailed sharpness and contrast in the central area of the lens as well as at the periphery. The results are clean, sharp images even when shooting at f/1.8 aperture.
- Silent and Smooth Focus
- A quiet, high-speed linear motor controls focus while an in-lens stepping motor controls the aperture. Together they provide extremely quiet operation and smooth focusing as well as quiet and fluid aperture control. These motors are ideal for shooting video since they eliminate excessive lens-drive noise.
- Direct Manual Focus
- This 35mm f/1.8 lens supports DMF (Direct Manual Focus), which enables users to resume manual focusing directly after obtaining focus with AF. This is particularly useful when AF cannot lock onto a subject or continually focuses on an unintended one. It also facilitates fine focusing when shooting portraits with a shallow depth of field.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- The built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization system provides a 4-stop shutter speed advantage, making it significantly easier to achieve crisp, blur-free images and video.
Comparable Focal Length: 52.5 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Sony (E Mount for NEX)|
|Format Compatibility||DSLR (APS-C Sensor)|
|Angle of View||44°
APS-C Picture Angle: 44°
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.88" (30.18 cm)|
|Filter Thread||Front:49 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.55 x 1.77" (64.7 x 45 mm)|
|Weight||5.47 oz (155 g)|
|Solid State Drive||N/A|
|Wi-Fi & Networking||N/A|
|Headphones & Earphones||N/A|
|Air Compressors, Tools & Accessories||N/A|
|Nail Guns & Pneumatic Staple Guns||N/A|
|Trimmers & Edgers||N/A|
|Snow Removal Equipment||N/A|
|Power Tools & Combo||N/A|
|Apple Watch Series||N/A|